Many thanks to everyone who participated in the Hire America’s 2013 Career Day at Safeco Field!
Check back soon for our event Recap, including new photos.
This action-packed day includes the following highlights:
- Recruiting Fair
- Skills to Succeed Workshops
- LinkedIn basics
- Videotaped practice interviews
- Veteran Career Coaches
- ProLango Networking Workshop
- Job-search opportunities for Military Spouses
- Opportunities for exhibitors to meet other employers and share best practices in Military hiring
See below for more details.
Come join 800+ Job Seekers from the American Military Family and 75 exhibiting companies for the Hire America’s Heroes Career Day at Safeco Field on August 9, 2013.
Booth space is included in the annual membership package for Sponsors of Hire America’s Heroes. Table space is $1,200 for non-members, and the event is free for military Job Seekers. If you haven’t already, join Hire America’s Heroes now—save on Career Day and participate in the many additional benefits of being part of this important corporate community! Visit the following page for more information: Become a Sponsor.
From 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., join corporations such as Amazon,Boeing, Microsoft, and Starbucks—companies looking to connect with military Job Seekers. We anticipate 75 companies exhibiting at the recruiting fair—be one of them! Tables are $1,200. If you are not a current Sponsor of Hire America’s Heroes, you will be invoiced for your participation. To learn more about becoming a Sponsor, visit http://hireamericasheroes.org/sponsors/become-a-sponsor/.
Job Seekers are invited to participate
Hire America’s Heroes invites all members of the American Military Family to join us. Our Career Day events typically attract 800+ Job Seekers.
“Skills to Succeed” Workshops
- Throughout the Recruiting Fair, Accenture will conduct Skills to Succeed workshops for military Job Seekers. These workshops include videotaped practice interview sessions where military Job Seekers can experience a corporate-style interview in a supportive setting. Interviews are conducted by recruiting professionals who offer a performance evaluation and give the Job Seeker their recorded interview on a thumb drive. This is FREE for Job Seekers who register in advance.
- Skills to Succeed workshops also include tutorials for job seekers on how to best leverage LinkedIn as a job search tool. Corporate recruiters frequently use LinkedIn as a key recruiting resource. Effective use of social media is an essential skill in today’s competitive job market.
HAH Career Coaches
Many veterans who are now employed in corporations will be available to share their success strategies with military Job Seekers. Career Coaches are easy to find, wearing a signature Hire America’s Heroes shirt and standing at tables along the Concourse. Career Coaches are available all Job Seekers; they are “been there, done that” volunteers ready to help their colleagues make a successful transition.
ProLango Networking Workshop
Relationship expert Paul Anderson will present an engaging hands-on presentation to help you maximize any networking opportunity. This presentation is designed for the most introverted person as well as candidates who consider themselves professional networkers.
Hire America’s Heroes Career Day Video
For a better sense of what our Career Day events are like, watch this video from the 2013 Career Day at CenturyLink Field in February: